Tuesday 13 May 2014

Birchbox May 2014 - Harpers Bazaar



My Birchbox has arrived! I did my absolute best to avoid birchbox blog posts over the last few days, as I really like to keep what I receive in my box a complete surprise; it was worth the wait. I love the collaboration with Harpers Bazaar magazine, the box design is gorgeous and the booklet has some great photography in it as always. Right to the main bit, the products I received are listed below.


1. Aromatherapy Associates - Revive Morning Bath And Shower Oil
£39.00 Full Size

I have never heard of this brand before and after reading the packaging, I thought i'd try this out. It is a oil to be added to the bath or to be put on your body before showering to help you wake up in the morning. The scent is a blend of pink grapefruit, rosemary and juniper berry. I like the idea of this oil but after opening it I wasn't really taken with the scent. It's way too heavy and if anything it would put me back to sleep. I would say this scent is more for an oil burner, but
I guess thats just my opinion on fragrances. My personal preference for skin care is something light and refreshing especially in the morning, so unfortunately I won't be using this.


  2. They're Real Benefit Mascara
£19.50 Full Size

I already love this mascara and Benefit in general, so getting a mini mascara is perfect to put in my handbag or for my holidays. For anyone that hasn't tried this mascara, it is a perfect way to sample it. This mascara builds volume and length and it is long wearing, it's been a favourite of mine for a while.


3.Beauty Protector Protect And Shampoo, Protect And Conditioner 
£14.00 each 

I'm a huge fan of the Beauty Protector Oil and I can't wait to try the shampoo and conditioner out. I love the scent of the Beauty Protector products, I can't quite work out what scent it is but it's really sweet and stays on my hair all day. I hope it works as well as the oil but I think for what it is, it is a little bit on the expensive side at £14.00 a bottle for the full size.


4. Soigne Nail Lacquer In Creme Au Berre (Full Size)
£11.00 Full Size 

I have never seen such extravagant packaging for a single nail varnish,  I thought it was a perfume sample when I first looked at the box. I'm excited to try this brand and to test out if it is as high quality as the packaging suggests. I'm always looking for a nail polish that doesn't chip off and I hope this brand is the answer. I love the creamy berry colour and it is perfect for spring, it also fits in with the pastel trend which is an added bonus. 


5. Liz Earle Beauty Co. Cleanse And Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
£13.50 Full Size

I have wanted to try this out for a while, so i'm very pleased with this sample. It is a good size sample (30ml) and comes with a little booklet about how to use this product and a little bit of information about the company. It is to be applied all over the face as a cream and then rinsed away with the muslin cloth, after rinsing the cloth in hot water. I presume the hot cloth is to open the pores for a deep cleanse. This is probably my favourite item this month, as it is something I really wanted to try out. Overall I'm happy with the box, i'm surprised considering it was a collaboration that there wasn't anything a bit more exciting in the box and I didn't receive a lifestyle extra either. The range and quality of the products make up for it though and it comes with a promotion to subscribe to Harpers Bazaar for £1.00 a month! Which is a absolute bargain as the standard cover price is £4.20, so it's a 76% saving . I already can't wait for next month's box.

What did you think about this month's Birchbox? 


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment