Saturday 31 May 2014

May Empties & Reviews


I love reading what all you bloggers use every month, so I thought I'd give it a go and hopefully provided some information about various products before you part with your money. Whilst doing this I discovered how much shower gel I actually use! Anyway I'll be doing a mini review on each product and if I would buy it again.

The products I got though this month are: 

1.Tigi Catwalk Honey & Oatmeal Shampoo & Conditioner 750ML
2. Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Purifying Gel 200ML
3. St Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish Fighting 150ML
4. Palmolive Pampering Touch Coconut Shower Gel 250ML
5. Gucci Flora Gorgeous Gardenia 50ML
6. Nivea Creme Coconut Shower Gel 250ML
7. Lacura Moisturising Face Wash 150ML
8. Next Loves Luxury Chocolate Body Scrub 30ML
9. Radox Coconut Kiss Shower Cream 250ML
10. Nivea Free Time Shower Cream 250ML
11. Original Source Shea Butter And Honey Shower gel 250ML
12. Imperial Leather Invigorating Mango And Juicy Papaya 250ML
13. Batiste Cherry Dry Shampoo 200ML
14. Garnier Simply Essentials 2 In 1 Makeup Remover 200ML
15. Dove Go Fresh Pomegranate Deodorant 50ML


1.Tigi Catwalk Honey & Oatmeal Shampoo & Conditioner 750ML: This product is designed to be colour safe and helps to protect hair from heat damage. I have been using this set for five months, Yes FIVE MONTHS everyday and I think that makes this set exceptional value for money. Its a nourishing formula made with acacia honey, wheat protein and vitamin e and it is really moisturising. The smell is what first drew my towards this product, my hairdresser recommended this brand as I have dry ends from heat styling. In hindsight I picked the wrong product, I have quite oily roots and with prolonged use I feel this product only added to the oil. Which is a real shame because I do love the scent. This would be ideal for dry and damaged hair that isn't prone to oil. I wouldn't buy this product again but only because it doesn't suit my hair type, I really need to learn to check the advice on the bottle before the scent.

2. Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Purifying Gel 200ML: I recently wrote a review for the Vichy Normaderm line here, so I won't go into too much detail. This is a face wash that can be used daily for oil and acne prone skin. What I love about this gel is that it fights breakouts without drying the skin. A little pricey buy if used sparingly as advised can last a few weeks. I have already purchased this again and would recommend it if you have oily skin, as the results I've seen on my own skin have been pretty impressive.

3. St Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish Fighting 150ML: An apricot exfoliating scrub to help fight blemishes, blackheads and lift away oil. I have bought this product many times and I'm not sure why? As much as I like this product as a weekly exfoliation treat,  I haven't found it to help in anyway with blemishes. Maybe you need to use it everyday to see results but I find the beads in this product and little bit too big and worry about the damage it might do if used daily. I wouldn't be in a hurry to buy this again but might try using it three to four times a week to see if that does make a difference in the future.


4. Palmolive Pampering Touch Coconut Shower Gel 250ML:  Anything that has a coconut scent I will most likely be buying it. I am fan of soft scents and this shower gel delivers a fresh scent that leaves you feeling moisturised and clean. I would buy this again as the scent is lovely but not overpowering and for £1 I can't really complain.

5. Gucci Flora Gorgeous Gardenia 50ML: I received this as a present last year, it is a really delicate floral scent and perfect for day wear. The fragrance contains notes of brown sugar, patchouli, frangipani, gardenia, pear and red berries. This without doubt a perfect spring perfume, a light subtle fragrance that is really soft and has berry overtones. I would buy this perfume again in the future but for now I am searching for the perfect vanilla based perfect for the summer.

6. Nivea Creme Coconut Shower Gel 250ML: A smelling scent to the palmolive shower gel and just as good. I would say this formula delivers a bigger hit of coconut but still quite mellow and it is slightly more nourishing. I will definitely but purchasing this again.
.
7. Lacura Moisturising Face Wash 150ML: When I think of skincare Aldi is usually not on the top of my list, but this face wash was a surprise. I picked it up whilst doing some food shopping and thought why not it's only cheap. It is 100% soap free and has no harsh chemicals, it's formula is made using pro-vitamin B5, vitamin E and Bisabolol. I used this daily and I must say this really improved my dry areas on my face, it is moisturising and mild and leaves skin feeling wonderfully soft. I would buy this again and I am going to investigate other Lacura products.

8. Next Loves Luxury Chocolate Body Scrub 30ML: This came as part of a beauty package I received at Christmas. It is chocolate scented which I love and the grains are relatively small which I prefer in an scrub. As much as I enjoyed the scent I don't think it made much of a difference in the texture or appearance of my skin. I wouldn't recommend this as it hasn't made any difference to my skin and I think there are better scrubs out there for similar price points.


9. Radox Coconut Kiss Shower Cream 250ML: I love all the Radox fresh shower gels and this is no exception, The scent (as you can tell by now) is one of my favourites coconut. It is exotic coconut and milk and is really refreshing and leaves the scent on your skin for a good few hours after shower. It isn't particularly moisturising but it doesn't claim to be and I would buy this again for the scent alone.

10. Nivea Free Time Shower Cream 250ML: Same formula as the creme coconut one but this scent is aloe vera and star fruit. A subtle scent with a hit of summer fruit and leaves skin moisturised and clean. It is stimulating and perfect for the summer months ahead, recommended.

11. Original Source Shea Butter And Honey Shower gel 250ML: Original Source have the nicest scents in their products. It has a natural scent and is extremely moisturising for dry skin. All for the bargain price of £1, I would buy this again.

12. Imperial Leather Invigorating Mango And Juicy Papaya 250ML: As with most Imperial Leather products it produces a great lather with very little product. A gorgeous summer fruity fragrance of Mango and Papaya. I think I've said all I can say on the topic of shower gel but I would buy this again.



13. Batiste Cherry Dry Shampoo 200ML: A dry shampoo is every girls best friend on busy days. As I have oil prone hair I am trying to wash my hair every other day as I hope this will calm down the oil production and this has been a brilliant help for the in between days. I've never really found a scent of dry shampoo that I actually like as I find them all chalky but this one isn't to bad. The product does what it says on the bottle and I would purchase it again but maybe try out a different scent.

14. Garnier Simply Essentials 2 In 1 Makeup Remover 200ML:  This is my third bottle of this product, it removes makeup even waterproof makeup without rubbing or irritating the skin. It is enriched with plant extract and pro-vitamin B and the formula contains no perfume or alcohol. This is ideal for all skin types and removes all makeup without a trace. It is two separate liquids in one bottle. makeup removing oil and cleansing water. It is a very oily formula but it does lift makeup with ease and I have never had any problems with breakouts or irritation from this. I will be buying this again as it really easy to take off makeup before bed.

15. Dove Go Fresh Pomegranate Deodorant 50ML: Anti-perspirant deodorant with a pomegranate and lemon verbena scent. It claims to last up to 48 hours and as with all dove products contains moisturising ingredients. I love the scent and it dry relatively quick for a roll on, I have bought this again as it does the job and has a subtle scent.

Have you tried any of these products? What do you think?



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment