Wednesday 28 May 2014

Wednesday - Write Up - Review: The Body Shop Cosmetic Brushes



The body shop brushes are always my go to brand because I find that they are good quality, last ages and are great for building an even coverage. After looking at the various brushes I selected the following:

1. Foundation Brush
2. Face and Body Brush
3. Eyeshadow Brush
4. Lip/concealer Brush
5.Slanted Brush



The main reason I always go back to body shop brushes is the quality, the bristles are extremely soft and even after washing them a million times they always keep there shape. 

Foundation Brush: This brush works best with medium coverage foundations, one thing I have found whilst using this brush is that if you are applying your makeup in a rush it can create lines on your face. But I think that's got more to do with my application then the actual brush. It doesn't waste much product as it is relatively thin and can easily get into the under eye area for a even finish.

Face And Body Brush: I essentially use this only for blusher and bronzer, it has a big surface area and again doesn't waste much product. I have bought this brush countless times and I have never been disappointed by the finish. It is easy to use to build colour on cheeks and retains powder well. I love the size of it as it's made for body coverage 


Eyeshadow Brush: This is quite a big sized eyeshadow brush in my opinion and is ideal for creating block colour eyeshadow in a hurry, it creates a full coverage of shadow and is super soft for blending other colours on the lid.

Lip/Concealer Brush:  I have two of these in my brush collection, one for lip liner and one for concealer. I prefer this brush as a lip brush as it is small enough to draw an accurate lip line but also big enough to fill the whole lip without too much fuss. As a concealer brush I must say I prefer a sponge applicator. I find it easier to build coverage with a sponge, especially for redness or breakouts.

Slanted Brush: Perfect for brow application, the angle on this brush easily creates flawless eyebrow makeup. I use it with Benefit Brow zing to cover up gaps and fill out the brow. 


I've just ordered a blender brush from this collection and will post a review once it's arrived. At the moment the body shop are offering a £20 discount on a £40 spend, it was all too tempting so though I'd expand my brush collection. 

What are your favourite brushes? Do you have any recommendations? 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment